Trail Horses For Sale In Raleigh
Click on the images for more photos, videos, and details.
Where Do Our Horses Come From?
Dead Broke Farm buys and rescues horses, rehabilitates them, trains them, corrects performance issues, puts lots of trail hours on them, and then offers excellent trail horses for sale. Our horses have been ridden with dogs through creeks, mud, hills and past deer, four-wheelers, tractors, and birds who fly up right in front of them. So if you're looking for a good, solid horse, check out the horses we have for sale. We have horses for sale to satisfy all experience levels from beginner to intermediate to advanced riders, and we're conveniently located in Raleigh, NC.
We buy horses from individuals and horse auctions. In fact, many of our rescue horses were obtained from auctions where we outbid kill buyers. Rescue and free aren't synonymous when it comes to horses. Regardless of how we obtain our horses, we eventually offer them for sale. Prior to sale, they are put through a process to ensure they are safe, sound, and sane. We de-worm them when we unload them from the trailer and prior to putting them in pastures with out other horses. If they have a snotty nose, are under weight, need hoof care or shoes, we put them on meds and have the farrier out within a week to address their hoof care needs. We float their teeth, clean the sheaths of the geldings, and de-bean them so you don't have to. In other words, we assume all the risks of buying a horse for you. We remove the pain and pitfalls of buying the wrong horse and ending up in the hospital or with a lame horse. In rare cases where we make a mistake and buy or rescue a horse that we can't mold into a nice, quiet horse that anyone can ride, we pursue other avenues of re-homing them; we don't sell them from our farm as dead broke, safe trail horses. We evaluate our horses to determine their temperment and level of rider required to ride them, and that information is included in our ads.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control. For your convenience, a list of vets who service our area are listed below.
- Visit: Summit Equine Hospital or Call: (919) 362-8879
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for another horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Come See Our Horses For Sale