Pilgrim - Stunning Trail Horse For Sale
5 yo, 14.2 hands, $1,900
Click on the images and brown text for larger images and videos.
Pilgram is a small Paintaloosa (Paint x Appaloosa) gelding. He has the mentality of a horse, but the size and height of a large pony (defined as 13.2 to 14.2 hands). He's about 14.1 hands: an ideal size for the vertically challenged, i.e. no stool required to mount him even if you're on the short side. But he is wide enough that he feels like you're riding a horse - not a pony. I ride him comfortably, and I'm 5'6". He can carry riders up to 180 lbs comfortably. He's a sweetheart on the ground and fun under saddle. He's easy to bathe, loads and travels well, and stands quietly at the hitching rail for tacking up. Watch this video of him loading into a horse trailer in less than 13 seconds. He's a good looking little devil, easy to catch, and friendly.
Pilgrim has a nice walk, trot, and canter. He can be ridden English or Western. Given his physique, he looks good under either tack. He's very willing and will ride alone or with a group, and although he prefers the font, he will ride in any position: lead, middle of the group, or back. He isn't spooky. You can see him on the American Tobacco Trail going underneath an overpass, i.e. riding through a concrete tunnel, and riding past bicyclers all day long. You can pick up all 4 feet without a struggle. He has striking good looks and, at 5 years of age, he has his whole life ahead of him.
Pilgrim's ideal owner will be someone who doesn't have other horses nor will he be kept with other horses because he gets too attached to his pasture mates. He can still be ridden alone or in group trail rides by very experienced riders (as you can see from the videos), but it's not advisable for the average rider. If the element of an attachment issue is absent, he is rideable by most anyone ages 12 and up. OR, if you plan to ride with a friend or spouse all the time, he'd ride fine also. I just want people to be made aware so that you don't buy him, get him home, and he becomes a different horse than the horse you think you bought. I have cut his price nearly in half due to this issue, so this is an opportunity to get a great horse at a huge discount provided you either keep him alone or ride him with his pasture mate. The average rider won't be able to ride him otherwise.
People always ask why we're selling our horses. There's nothing wrong with them. Quite the contrary. And if there are any extenuating circumstances, we try our best to fully disclose those caveats. This strikingly, good looking horse is for sale for $1,900.
Come See Our Horses For Sale
- See our horses for sale online
- Call or text 919-323-1265 to schedule a time to come see them
Need Tack Or Board For Your Horse?
We have new and used bridles, saddles, and saddle pads for sale, and we also offer pasture board.
Need Transportation For Your New Horse?
We offer horse transportation services for your convenience.
Terms of Sale
- Purchase Process: If you'd like to buy one of our horses, you need to either: 1) put a $200 non-refundable deposit on the horse and pay the balance within one week, 2) or pay for the horse when you visit our farm to try it out. Once you've made a commitment to buy the horse, we won't show the horse to anyone else, and we will keep the horse at no additional cost to you druing that week. If you need us to keep the horse longer than a week until you: make boarding arrangements near your home, finish your fence, build a barn, or a significant event occurs (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas), we will keep your new horse for you at the cost of $10/day after the 1-week grace period.
- Pre-purchase Exams: We encourage you to hire a vet to do a pre-purchase exam after submitting your deposit to put your mind at rest that the horse you want to buy is sound and healthy. If the horse you chose fails the exam for any reason, we will refund your deposit. You won't be penalized by losing your deposit since it was out of your control.
- Payment Types Accepted: We accept cash, certified checks, cashiers checks, and money orders. We don't accept personal checks, business checks, or credit cards.
- Refund/Return Policy: If you buy a horse from us, and for any reason you aren't happy with it, we will trade it out for aother horse of equal or lesser value provided the horse is still in the same condition as it was when it left our farm. We don't offer refunds, but we want to make sure you end up with a horse you are happy with. We love our horses, and we want it to be a good fit for them as well.